Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ESPN'S Dana Jacobson suspended for innapropriate conduct!

Dana Jacobson, co-host of ESPN2's First Take, has been suspended for "inappropriate" commentary made at the "Mike and Mike Roast" for radio personalities Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic. In an apparently drunken rant, Jacobson repeatedly used the 'f' word and made vulgar remarks about Notre Dame.
The brouhaha over Jacobson started at a celebrity roast for radio hosts Greenberg and Golic of ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" show. At the roast, Jacobson reportedly made "an absolute fool of herself, swilling vodka from a Belvedere bottle, mumbling along and cursing like a sailor" according to the Press of Atlantic City.
Among the comments Jacobson reportedly made were derogatory remarks about Notre Dame, in which she said "F*** Notre Dame," "F*** Touchdown Jesus" and "F*** Jesus". Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis was in the audience during Jacobson's rant.
MSNBC reports Jacobson was suspended for one week in punishment for the incident at the roast. ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz told the Chicago Tribune that Jacobson's "actions and comments were inappropriate and we've dealt with it," though he did not confirm the suspension.
Jacobson apologized for her behavior in a conciliatory statement released to the press. "I am sorry. My remarks about Notre Dame were foolish and insensitive. I respect all religions and did not mean anything derogatory by my poorly chosen words. I also deeply regret the embarrassment I've caused ESPN and Mike and Mike," Jacobson said.
"My actions at the roast were inappropriate and in no way represent who I am. I won't make excuses for my behavior, but I do hope I can be forgiven for such a poor lack of judgment."
acticle courtesy of Ann Turner

No comments: